Thursday, May 31, 2007

Projects for the rez

Hi allWell, I think everyone is out on vacation or bar-b-qing or something canse the list is mighty quiet. But that's ok. The humidity has set in for the summer, the temps are in the mid-eighties and I don't go out except for mornings up until noon, and evenings after 9:00 pm! The older I get, the more the humidity gets me.

The
Thousand Hat Project" is coming along nicely. I still have 50 ponchos, kids, to complete for the 100 Item Challenge, and 45 scarves. And 200 squares. But the squares will go quickly and the ponchos are on the list as well.


I sent three cd players to the rez this week, along with some color pencil sets and frisbees and baseballs for the teens at VAIC. I am going to try and pick up some more of the players because they are for a new program for the kids this summer, a language program to learn their native language. To me, this is important. The players are only ten bucks a piece at Wal-Mart (God, I HATR Wal-Mart!!) and they use them for the language cds. They need 30 in all, so let me know if anyone wants to help out with this, Just post a question or a request for where to send them and I will be glad to supply the info and point you to the website. My 21 year old daughter is going to help out with this, I think.

Anyway, it's time to plant pumpkins and gourds, for Halloween. This is mine and my husbands' tenth anniversary this year, married on Halloween. So I am trying to plan a three day get away in New Orleans for the event, at a haunted hotel. Since we live in Mobile, this is fairly easy to do. But places are filling up quickly! I'll keep you posted on that. We didn't have a honeymoon, and I want this to be very romantic and beautiful....and a suprise. So we shall see how it goes!

Off to cok supper..!

1 comment:

Angelika@ Purple Sage Designz said...

I am glad that I found your blog. I am a fellow crocheter and just read about the need of crochet winter items at the Pine Ridge Rez. Bookmarked it and will try to get a nice package ready with warm winter crochet. Love your blog and your altruism.